Saturday, June 13, 2009

Conversation with a Three Year Old

One day the electricity went off during a storm while we were living in DeKalb and Seth and his crew were over at our house. Collin just wasn't quite getting the jist of no electricity at first. I listened to his conversation with my son, Seth, and wrote it down. I thought I had lost this, I searched everywhere I could think of, and then a few months back I was cleaning some boxes out that were still in the shed and there it was! I was so thrilled. LOL
____________________________________________________________________

Conversation with a Three Year Old

“Can we see the fountain work? Where does the water go?”

“We can see it work when the electricity comes back on.”

“Can’t we plug it in?”

“We could, but it still won’t work ‘til the electricity comes on.”

“The electricity went out? Why?”

“Yes. The wind is blowing so hard it maybe blew a power line down somewhere. Maybe a tree fell on it.”

“Oh. Will you play race track with me on the Play Station?”

“We can’t. The electricity is out.”

“The Play Station won’t work? What about the TV?”

“No, it won’t work either. The stove, the refrigerator, TV, computers, nothing will come on without electricity.”

“The lights, too?”

“The lights, too.”

“Oh. Is the ball game on?”

“It might be, I can’t tell.”

“Why?”

“Why did I say it won’t turn on?”

Cause the electrincity’s off?”

“Yeah.”

Copyright: May 2003, conversation between Collin Hargreaves and Seth Piper

2 comments: