Sunday, June 28, 2009

Computer going wierd..

Gotta love the cyber age and the computers. I fell in love with computers the very first time I set my eyes on one. HAD to have one. My first was a Commodore 64. Didn't have any programs for it... couldn't afford one! LOL My mom and dad sent the kids a game for it for Christmas... I can still hear the music, Ode to Joy. Don't remember the game, but I remember the music. LOL Hooked it up to the tv... had Ahoy magazine and typed in program codes from there. I worked on one for a year... ok... not that long at all, but those hours it took typing in that little program sure seemed like a year. Hubby got home from work that night and I hauled him upstairs to show him the computer. Typed in "run" and voila! It didn't work. It had before! But not this time. So... when I went through the coding again the next day I found a small program inside the program I had typed in and I had no idea how it got in there. Maybe I typed in two programs while typing in the one. It's a definate possibility.

Next computer... yes! 286 souped up to 386, 1 mb RAM, 40 mb hard drive, DOS shell 5, or maybe I upgraded to that from 4. That's it. No Windows, no mouse, and what was I going to do with that huge hard drive!??!?!?! I'd never fill that up! I did get an AOL diskette, for windows, and called AOL and they sent me one for DOS. And on the story goes.

My computer now is acting a tad on the wierd side. When I use my graphics program and make a selection with the selection tool, it stops, just cuts the selection off. When I click on something once with my mouse, it opens it up instead of dropping down the menu. I will have to keep on checking on this, maybe it's my program! hmmmmmmm... That just cannot be.. no no... like that program... don't want to uninstall and re-install if that is what the trouble is. oooohh... sugars. It is acting a little wierd with other programs, too, but not so wierd as in the graphics program.

I've run a virus check, no virus, I've run adware stuffs, cleaned that up, still wierd. ahh.. yes... I'm using Chrome and there were my favorite tabs/shortcuts/bookmarks whatevers at the top of the screen... they aren't there any more. AND.... I have Google Desktop in my toolbar and when I click on it to open it up... it won't do it. hmmm... will have to do some checking up on a lot of things. I did back up my files, just in case. And it was time, since it had been a year ago since I last did one. I was on my last disc, and the computer quit reading my disc. That could be dirty again. Need to get a can of air and see id that helps. Mayhaps I will end up doing system restore to an earlier time, like before things started acting wierd. :)

I have a love/hate relationship with computers.

No comments:

Post a Comment