Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Tax Cuts and Stimulus stuffs

Hubby has MSNBC on the T and V and I heard one of the reporters ask the president's press secretary a question about whether the working class people, you know, those who don't have a lot of money, should get that because all they will do is put it in the bank and save it instead of spending it to put it back into the system where it needs to go to build it up... or whatever it is supposed to do.

What kind of statement is that? Where is she coming from? I'd say that people who don't have money and get a tax cut and/or stimulus moneies, aren't going to be putting into a savings account, they are going to spend it, rather quickly, paying bills they haven't been able to pay because they don't have enough money. That's the way it works for us, anyway. Last stimulus pay we got, $600something, paid bills and bought groceries. Not into a savings account.

I will not say I know abouth the economy of a country or anything like that... I'm really pretty dumb about it... but I know if I have bills and a need for groceries, that tax cut and/or stimulus will be going to pay bills and buy groceries. I think that is common sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment